The place for consuming food is a dining room. In the past, dining room has separate space with kitchen. Today, people tend to choose open-floor space design so dining room and kitchen are in the same area without being blocked by walls or doors. A dining room is ideal place for family gathering. It is furnished with dining table and chairs. Most common shape of dining table is rectangular. Arm chairs are preferred for comfortable seating. However, the style of dining room is varied in different countries. For example, Japanese uses ground-dining table without chairs in their dining room.
The set of interior design for dining room is also varied by size and style. You may choose interior design that you like for your dining room. The essentials and basic elements of dining room only consists of chairs, dining table, and side board. Some people think that furniture components of a dining room is limited so there not much thing they can do to make dining room look more stunning. However, there are many ways to make your dining room look more elegant and stunning without aggresively adding unnecessary furnitures. Let’s check these out!
- Set proper lighting. Interior design is about setting the right lighting. With the right lighting, you can make dining room to look flattering and glowing. Choose lighting with your favorite tone to set the mood. For more luxurious look, you can install a chandelier. If it’s too much for you, then just opt for regular lighting providing wide and large spotlight to the entire room.
- Add interesting things to dining room so it less boring. Dining room is a spot for consuming food but it doesn’t that all you can do is just eating. In a dining room, you gather with your family and discusiing many interesting topics. However, guests may be awkward to start the conversation. That’s why it’s a good idea to add interesting items in the dining room like your favorite photograph, novel collection, collection of frames, etc. Those can be conversation starter. In addition it can be a focal point of your dining room.
- Don’t be strict to one style. You can mix thing up to make dining room look fresh and unique. Don’t hesitate to to mix light materials with detailed textures. For example, you may mix stone accent wall with neutral floor. Or, modern style dining table combined with rustic chairs. You can explore ideas and visualize it through unique interior design for the dining room. Choosing only one theme for dining room may make it look too plain. That’s why mixing and matching two contrast elements can help lighten up the mood.
- Make comfortable and cozy environment to the room with small things. Enjoying food can be a boring activity when the environment is not so welcoming. Thus, you need to make the room more welcoming by adding small elements into it. For example, use candles for formal occasion or install dimmer switches. Those can help to set the mood and give off comfortable feel for those who are enjoying their meals in the room. Those small things play significant role to overall mood.
- Add simple elements can help to brighten up the mood such as installing lantern instead of chandelier. If you want the room to look grander, chandelier is the perfect opt. However, to give off friendly-environment, lanterns are more suitable. Thus, choose the style that you like.
- Do something with the window. If your dining room has a window, dress it with perfect drapes or curtains. If you want to showcase simple modern design, choose curtains with light fabric and color. The one with darker hues is better to avoid since it can make the room looks gloomy. Light curtains will allow natural lighting to come into the room. Thus, it provides cheerful environment. Floral curtain can be a good opt as well if you want to add up feminine side to the room.
- Set only once focal point in dining room and let the rest of the space clean and simple. For example, you can think of placing a sideboard or buffet, fireplace, or collection of frame. However, you need to choose only one of them to be set in one area of the room. If you place focal point in every corner of the room, it will only become a messy dining room. Don’t over-stuff dining room since you need to keep the appetite.
Inspiring interior design for dining room
There are variety of interior design for dining room started from traditional style to modern concept. If you are looking for some inspiration for your dining room interior design, here are some ideas that may inspire you:
- Tropical style – For this interior design, there are elements needed to complement the look such as crystal chandelier and glassware. Neutral backdrop is combined with bright hints to make a perfect look for the entire room.
- Vintage style – If you like something classic but still stunning, vintage style is perfect for your dining room. Choose vintage dining chairs and rectangular dining table to enhance the vintage mood. Setting up medium-sized chandelier or lantern duo can give off luxurious feel to the room.
- Modern style – For clean and simple look, modern style is the best opt. Metal furnitures with clean lines and light tone give off trendy and modern vibe to your dining room. Set the mood by using neutral palette for the walls.
- Monochromatic style – Set the mood of dining room with monochrome colors. Keep the accessories minimum for this style and let the colors of black and white play their role to make your dining room look bold and unique.
To create perfect interior design for your dining room, you need thorough preparation started from deciding the purpose of the room to setting the style. You can choose certain style or try to mix two different styles with your personal touches for more unique vibe.
- Applying Modern Interior Design
- Luxurious Interior Design For Living Room
- How to Decorate a Modern Bedroom
- Modern Kitchen Table
- Applying Best Home Interior Design
- How To Make Stunning House Decoration With Simple Tricks
- Decorating Ideas For Small Living Room Design
- Know More About Home Interior Design
- Paint Colors For Family Room
- Creating Contemporary Interior Design
- How To Decorate Cozy Bedroom Design
- Boosting Up Interior Homes
- What To Consider In Setting Up Your Home Decor
- Personalizing Room Interior Design
- Simple Tricks For House Decor Interiors
- Tips for Comfortable Home Interior
- Boosting Up Interior House Design
- How to Design a Modern Bedroom Revealed
- Deciding Exterior Home Design
- Building Contemporary Home Plans